Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Easy With the Laundry Soap!

A recent article on Appliance.net reads: "...according to the Wall Street Journal, Americans use too much detergent per load. They have come to think that more soap equals cleaner clothes, which is not the case – rather it causes build-up and dingy colors". I have used way too much laundry soap in my lifetime. Yep. I know I have; guilty as charged. In the not-so-distant past, I have probably used more liquid detergent in one week than the Hotel Del Coronado uses in one month. It's weird how it happens. Using the bottle cap, I measure out the minimum recommended amount-according to the bottle label-and pour it into the running water that's filling the machine. Then something strange happens: I pour in just a bit more. Don't sit there and act like YOU'VE never done it!!! However, I am proud to state that I am now a changed woman. I don't need to spend any more on cleaning products than I already do and if it really is true that less detergent is more then I'm sold. So I tried using 1/3 the amount I normally do and guess what? It works! The clothes came out clean! About two months ago we brought home a super tanker of detergent (150 ounces) and I still have more than half of the bottle left. Awesome.

1 comment:

  1. You are hilarious! I have enjoyed your comments about motherhood : ) I am a mom of a 14 month old boy and am having a great time. I have learned to ask others for advise and this site will just add to my learning experience. Thank you for making me have a good chuckle!

    ReplyDelete